As a general rule, the Site does not collect your Personal information unless you chose to provide that information to us. When you choose to provide us with your Personal information, you are giving the Site your permission to use that information for the stated purposes listed in the Policy. If you choose not to provide us with that information, it may limit the features and services that you can use on this website.
Generally, the Personal information collected by the Site will be used to provide a website feature or service to you, such as commenting, support, or providing future content better tailored to your interests. A description of the Site’s intended use of that information, how that information is collected, security measures (the Site) takes to protect that information, you rights with regard to that information, and more will be provided below.
When you browse the Site, register to the Site, subscribe to a newsletter, add comments to content posts, carry out online payments, contact us via the contact form, you give consent and fully agree to the Policy under which Polynook collects, processes, stores, uses, and discloses your Personal information. If you do not agree with the points stated in this Policy, you should not browse the Site, use any services, or perform any activities which are made available on the Site that may result in supplying us with your Personal information.
Personal Information We Collect
Data You Provide
When you browse the Site, register to the Site, subscribe to a newsletter, add comments to content posts, carry out online payments, contact us via the contact form, or in any other way submit your Personal Information to us, Polynook may collect, process, and store the following data:
- your name;
- your email address;
- any other Personal information that is embedded inside comments you write on content posts.
When you make a purchase or other online payment on the Site, we do not see, collect, or store your credit card information. All money transactions that take place on the Site are carried out through online money transfer services of your choice, including Paypal, Stripe. In this case, privacy policies of those online money transfer services apply.
We refer to this manually-submitted information that you provide to uus as “User Information.”
Data We Collect Automatically
When you visit Polynook, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, internet protocol (IP) address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following commonly used data-gathering technologies:
- “Cookies” are small files that a website transfers to your computer or a mobile device to allow your browser to remember information about your last session on that website. Your computer only shares information in the cookie with the specific website that provided it, and no other website can request that information. Cookies are used to provide a customized user experience on the Site. Cookies may also be used by third-party services, such as Google Analytics, as described herein.
Setting of cookies may be prevented at any time by your internet browser via using a corresponding internet browser setting and may permanently deny the setting of cookies. In addition, cookies that have already been set may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software. However, if a user deactivates the setting of cookies in their internet browser, Polynook functionality may be limited resulting in sub-optimal user experience.
For your convenience, we have provided access to quickly change cookie settings, see settings history, or revoke cookies in the following links below:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your computer’s IP address, the operating system of your computer, browser type, the date and time you accessed the Site, the Universal Resource Locators (URLs) of the pages you visit on the Site, the URL of the site you came from, if you clicked a link there that brought you to Polynook. These files are necessary to ensure user data and the Site’s security and integrity.
You may log into the Site using Google Sign-in authentication system. When you use Google Sign-in authentication, you give us access to your full name and email address. We store this data in compliance with the Policy.
When we talk about “Personal Information” in this Policy, we are talking both about Device Information and User Information.
What Your Information May Be Used For
We may use the Device Information to:
- help us screen for, investigate, and deter potential unauthorized or illegal activities;
- improve and optimize the Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site).
We may use the User Information to:
- send you information, such as:
- promotional newsletters;
- administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, policy and terms of service updates, or security alerts;
- responses to your comments or inquiries.
- protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activities.
Each email we send will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. Third-party services we use include:
Other times that we may share your Personal Information is to comply with applicable laws and regulations or respond to lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Finally, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your Personal Information without your consent except when required by law, as described above.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, please note that when your information is shared it will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Sharing Anonymous Data
We may share anonymous data collected from the Device Information. Examples of anonymous data may include analytics or information from cookies. This data does not identify you alone by name, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Publicly Available Information
Certain information may be publicly visible. Publicly visible information includes:
- Your entered “Name” in the comment sections if you post a comment;
Certain information, such as your email address, will never be publicly visible unless you specifically opt-in to such an option.
Information Security Measures
Polynook takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We take many precautions to ensure that the information we collect is secure and inaccessible by anyone outside of our organization. These precautions include advanced access controls to limit access to that information to only internal personnel who require access to that information. We also use numerous security technologies to protect all data stored on our servers and related systems. Our security measures are regularly upgraded and tested to ensure they are effective.
We take the following specific steps to protect your information:
- Use internal access controls so only limited personnel have access to your information;
- Servers that store visitor information are regularly backed up to protect against loss;
- All information is secured through modern security technologies like secure socket layer (SSL), encryption, firewalls, and secure passwords.
All access safeguards described above are in place to prevent unauthorized access by outsiders to information stored on or transmitted by our systems.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address on Polynook:
- Ask for a list of personal information we have about you, if any;
- Request a change, correction, or deletion of your personal information.
If you do not wish to have cookies stored on your machine, you have the option to turn cookies off in your browser. However, keep in mind that turning off cookies may impact how this Site functions. Disabling browser cookies will also impact how other websites you visit store browser cookies as well.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping or when required by law.
Polynook does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a child’s legal guardian believes that Polynook has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our database.
Links To Third Party Websites
Polynook may contain links to third-party websites. Thay can be found in:
- content created and published directly by Polynook;
- content created by the Site’s users (such as comments).